- PVN ACO Toolkit (Full Version) - This comprehensive ACO Assessment Toolkit offers employers and employer coalitions guidance on how to qualitatively evaluate provider-based ACO programs.
PVN Maternity Toolkit: Reducing Unnecessary C-sections - A guide to help business coalitions and purchasers promote high value maternity care in their communities
Employer Action Guide to Advancing High Value Maternity Care - This action guide outlines four strategies that employers can use to decrease C-section rates
- Past webinars:
- ACO Assessment Toolkit - download the presentation here
- Prescription Drug Costs: Purchasing and Policy Strategies for Employers When Your PBM and Health Plan Aren't Cutting It - download the presentation here
- Specialty Pharmacy Toolkit: Highlights many of the key challenges employers are facing with managing specialty pharmacy costs and offers innovative approaches to benefit plan design and vendor contracting. (Midwest Business Group on Health)
- Specialty Pharmacy Management Series Toolkit and Survey: Ongoing series exploring a range of issues in specialty pharmacy management. The series aims to educate members and provide strategies for consideration (National Business Group on Health)
- Specialty Pharmacy (Phase I) Purchaser's Guide: Shines the light on purchaser cost and value expectations. Note: must be a member to download. (Minnesota Health Action Group)
- Drug Trend Report: Provides detailed analysis of U.S. prescription drug costs and utilization, as well as the marketplace factors that affect future changes. (Express Scripts)
- Global Medicines Use in 2020: Outlook and Implications: Provides an outlook on - and the implications of - the use of medicines and spending levels in 2020. (IMS Health)
- How Can Employers Advance High Value Maternity Care - download the presentation here
- Purchaser Influence on the Next Generation of Payment Models
- Accountable Care: The Purchasers Perspective
- Episode Bundles: Why it Matters and What Purchasers Can Do Now
- LAN Listening Session for Purchasers: APM Framework
- PBGH, America Enterprise Institute, and the Brookings Institution partnered to host a forum on health care policy with several large healthcare purchasers and experts in health care policy. The panelists sparked insightful discussion and subsequent questions on the future of health care, the importance of bipartisanship in reforming health policy, various solutions to drive down costs, and the importance of focusing on providing value and quality care to patients.
Video: Fixing health care: Practical lessons from business leaders
Policy In Brief: Alternative Payment Models for Providers
Policy in Brief: Improving Value in the Healthcare System through Consumerism and Transparency
Policy in Brief: Improving Care for High-Need, High-Cost Patients
- Providing comments on CMS Medicare Shared Savings Proposed Rule
- Providing input to HCPLAN on APM framework, patient attribution and financial benchmarking in PBP arrangements, elective joint replacement and maternity care bundles
- Implementing commitments to collecting Patient Reported Outcome measures for CMS joint replacement bundle and Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) sites
- Consensus comments to CMS on the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Program, Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 RFI, Medicare Shared Savings Program: Accountable Care Organizations Proposed Rule, CPC+ and ACO participation, and Proposed Rule on Merit-Based Incentive Payment System and Alternative Payment Model Incentives.
- Three HCTTF white papers on caring for high need, high cost patients, including methods for identifying the population, common care model elements, and supportive payment models.
- A Health Care Transformation Task Force panel led by PBGH/PVN staff presented a LAN webinar titled Value-Based Payment for Managing Individuals Living with Chronic Illness.
- Consensus feedback on the LAN frameworks for alternative payment models, patient attribution, financial benchmarking, elective joint replacement, performance measurement, maternity care, coronary artery disease, and data sharing in population-based payment models.
- Purchaser-specific feedback on the LAN APM framework, PBP financial benchmarking paper, maternity bundle paper, joint replacement framework, cardiac bundle recommendations, PBP performance measurement and data sharing frameworks, and primary care payment framework also submitted.
- Stand-alone issue briefs on key elements to consider in ACO agreements and options for financial arrangements in ACOs.
- Non-partisan letter to the Senate Finance Committee on chronic care policy options.
- Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network – Initiative launched by HHS to help advance the work being done across sectors to increase the adoption of value-based payments and alternative payment models.
- Health Care Transformation Task Force – industry consortium that brings together patients, payers, providers and purchasers to align private and public sector efforts to clear the way for a sweeping transformation of the U.S. healthcare system.
- Catalyst for Payment Reform – An independent, national nonprofit organization for employers and other purchasers committed to a higher-value health care system.